From the NASA planetary program overview:
- NASA's planetary program has suffered a 50% budget reduction since 2005. This necessitates a complete replan of priorities. [Editor's notes: before this budget decline, an outer planets flagship mission could have been easily afforded]
- Launch vehicle costs are increasing rapidly, which is eroding budget purchasing power
- Current budgets would afford a new Discovery mission about every 3 years and a new New Frontiers mission about every 5 years
From the Mars program overview
- A joint NASA/ESA group will propose a joint exploration program for Mars, but the Decadal Survey will have the final say.
From the JPL concept maturity presentation:
- To avoid major cost overruns, 10-15% of the total mission cost needs to be spent upfront defining the mission. Missions that don't do this investment tend to suffer major cost overruns (See the presentation, which has a fascinating chart plotting this.)
Introductory Astronomy, Cosmology, Physics
Visit this Blog te LeaRN More , cool info and very helpfull, I Realy Enjoyed Reading this Blog, I hope u Enjoj To
and 100% Free Dating Site at:
Apart from this post, I have gone through almost all of your posts these are really very advantageous and unique, keep it up please!ReplyDelete
Well, my name is Eva, I am enjoying my motherhood spending wonderful times with my baby. Whenever I get time I used to surf internet because I also run a dating website, according to my knowledge for the right person, online dating can be a very effective alternative to traditional dating. Not only does it provide the convenience of getting to know someone in front of your computer, but it also will help ensure that you meet someone who shares similar interests. It's important to keep in mind that there are a number of different things that one can do to increase the chances of successful dating in the online world.